Currently there is a great movement steering towards being more Eco conscious. Now I was thinking how can something like this be integrated to.. lets say, Graphic Design? This should be done without loosing the integrity of the design.
There is a couple of ways to achieve this but, first we need to understand what Eco-design is. Eco-design is a way to minimize the impact you have on the environment by being conscious of the choices or actions you take.
To alleviate your impact you can consider the following few points.
- Whatever you design can end up on the web where it can be printed. Make sure that you use techniques that can ultimately reduce the impact when printed.
- Your computer uses quite a bit of energy. Think about switching a portion of what you use to green energy.
- Give your product a second life. Design with the intention of having more than one use.
- Using the right size. Optimize the amount of paper you require.
- Reduce the amount of white space around your designs to minimize the amount of paper space you will be using so that more of it gets recycled.
If you have more ideas on how to reduce the impact. Let us know in the comments.